Time for an Introduction


I started to war-game with a friend in Jr High School back in the 1960's.  We made good use of the toy department at WT Grants Department Store.  In those days, ROCO mini tanks were sold for around 50 cents.  They also had plastic 1/72 scale planes and model ships.  We did it all for the 3 years in Jr High.  

I continued wargaming all through high school and then entered the ROTC program in  college.  There I met Joe Fish ( pancerni@fish tales.blogspot) and began a friendship that has lasted since 1970.  A tour as an Infantry Officer in Germany led to a lot of solo games.

During those times I kept a record of all the games thinking that at some point I would consolidate them into a narrative for my own pleasure.  Long about 1985 or so I created a fictitious country in the Atlantic that I called Dahara.  The name was derived from names of places on my other hobby, a model railroad

All of the games I played, I wrote them into the History of my country.  When I completed my obligation to the service, Joe and I started up getting together to game.  He started an imagination campaign and I had a country.  Several fits and starts over the years has him leading a campaign once again.

I have decided to fold my Dahara project into this campaign.  Any actions or battles will be handled as if Dahara had a colony in the imagined continent.  Dahara proper exists and I will post items to this blog using an overly large collection of miniatures that span all eras and many scales.

So much for the introduction.  My next post will begin the Chronicles with a map and location for my brainchild and a vague location for Dahara.





Comments

  1. Welcome to bloggin' Roger! Get some of your wit & wisdom posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the madness of blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mention of ROCO brings back memories! Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! I can't wait to find out the truth about those "Sisters of the Light"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the "Blogosphere", Roger! :-) The Ministry of Purity of Orbajosa will be studying the future posts about Dahra with... interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to add another voice to the Blogosphere Roger!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plans for 2024